Saturday, November 27, 2010

Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls

Recently, I had the privilege of visiting, along with a group of other bloggers, the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills, OH. It was a bit of a surprise to me as I don't usually do reviews, but I am so glad I was able to do this one!

When we arrived, we were welcomed warmly by the desk staff, checked in and went to check out the room. And oh what a room! The entire Inn has a warm, cozy lodge feel, and our room was no exception. From creaky floors to homey, country decor, the room was just right for the night.



After unpacking and staring in awe at the views from all around....


we headed up to the lodge to look around...






and take part in a group Reflexology class (incredibly informative and highly recommended!). After the class, we were able to meet our hosts, Innkeepers Ellen Grinsfelder & Terry Lingo.


We joined Ellen & Terry for drinks and hors d'oeuvres and a brief history of the Inn. We moved along to dinner, usually prepared by chef Anthony Schulz. However, Anthony was busy with a "dinner with the chef" that night and we were graced by an unbelievable meal prepared by the sous chef... whose name I unfortunately forgot to write down. But isn't he cute?


I feel bad about forgetting his name, because seriously? The food was the most sublime, amazing food I've ever had. This dessert?


Yeah, I could've crawled into the bowl and happily lived there forever and ever. Unfortunately, that not being an option, I eventually rolled myself out of the restaurant to check out the fire pit. One of the coolest I've ever seen, it was built by Terry for beauty and safety.

Firepit by night:

And by day (when you can really see how amazing it is):



By this time we were all exhausted, and returned to our comfy, cozy room for a good night's sleep!

The next morning, things were pretty open. We were able to have breakfast at our leisure, and take a look around at the grounds. I was anxious to check out the roof garden (too bad it wasn't blooming, being fall - but imagine a spring or summer wedding up there!!)...





and walk the grounds a bit.




And aw yeah... a little hammock time for me!


We were even able to get into the spa itself and look around some. The pictures most certainly do not do The Inn, Spa, or grounds justice. Not even close.











Before we all left this relaxing, soothing place, Terry took us for a tour of a couple of local caves. I have lived in Ohio for most of my life, and I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this area. Just a small sampling:












In complete honesty, I could've taken a thousand more pictures and not captured even 1/1000000 the beauty of Hocking Hills. In visiting the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls, I was a bit concerned about not having cell reception or access to wireless, and being completely disconnected - meaning I couldn't check in on my kids!! However, it was peaceful, relaxing, and the boys? Were just fine.

Bottom line... the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls would make a marvelous getaway for married couples, girlfriends, bachelorette parties, business meetings (oh I didn't get NEARLY enough pics of the new meeting room, but oh so perfect for business gatherings!)... just about anyone. They really do have something for all groups. Leave the kids at home, book a massage, and get some grown up time at Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls!!!

Disclosure: I was given a free weekend at the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls in exchange for my opinion. All opinions and thoughts are my own.

11 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hey REbecca! If you still check this site, please email me because I picked your name for the giveaway but haven't posted it yet. (I can't do anything technological right now!) Email me your address:

mctrickyb at sbcglobal.net

yinxue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soppnox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beauty and The Green said...

Wow....this looks so far removed from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Lol, like a peaceful dream. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

That looks so beautiful, I actually wish I was there right now, great post x

Anonymous said...

Cheap Newport Cigarette this difference historical representative to match in together, may let enjoy them you to put behind temporarily the time the significance, gathers glances, only uses the mouth and the nose reads. Recently, 25 year-old young Huang by wife " Detains " To rather greatly affiliated hospital no-smoking outpatient service. The young couple planned that in the second half of the year lives a baby, heard that smoking possibly caused the fetal anomaly Marlboro Lights, the wife to compel young Huang to stop smoking. Had not thought that when doctor knew after the young Huang sincerity wants to stop smoking by no means that gives unexpectedly him " Persuades to quit " .In rather the greatly affiliated hospital, the no-smoking outpatient service every week only opens the half of the day, each time limits 5 numbers, " A patient minimum 40 minute qnd8wos, many could not look again. " Sits examines Dr. Chen Zhongbo to express Newports Cigarettes Website.

Most nitpickingOnly looked the hard heart must stop smoking patientAccepts a patient every time, what Dr. Chen first wants to determine, was opposite party the hard the patient who heart must stop smoking. Take young Huang as the example, although only then 25 years old, are actually have 10 year smoke age old smoker, he appears in the no-smoking outpatient service, solid is compelled by the wife Newport Cigarettes.

Et Ted said...

so nice..

Naum Franpos said...

Is this in Australia. I want to sleep to this place make sure it will have a Internet Australia for my business purposes. thanks

Admin said...

wow nice place to ran away from daily activity, and doing some nature photography or just reading book from the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet ...

I wish i could go there...